sábado, 31 de outubro de 2015

↟embracing the new ↟

       


         For the last couple of weeks we have had morning devotionals at 6:45am in the prayer house and the students could sign up to share something if they wanted to. I knew I had and wanted to share something and I couldn't let the chance pass by. Not because I am an awesome speaker or something like that, but just because I knew I had to take up this challenge. For me personally that's how I grow personally and spiritually. Not allowing something that scares me, stop me from doing it, and of course things that I know are good and beneficial for me. Trust me, I usually get nervous at times like this, but I had prayed and asked God to remove all fear and He did!
        I knew I wanted to speak about one of the subjects a lot of us deal with, which is the fear of men. But what happens is that one of our speakers of the week would be talking on this subject the following week so I knew I had to choose something different to speak about. I know nothing happens just out of coincidence, but because God wants it to. Picking a different subject wasn't easy because I already knew what I wanted to speak about and already had planned what I wanted to say.
       It wasn't until the night before that God gave me a word: homesick. "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will." (Romans 12:2) 
      Being in a new environment is always challenging. We are not where we are used to and everything is so different. But we have to keep in mind that nothing lasts forever, and for sure the new moment we are in won't be forever. God gives us new seasons, new challenges and we have to embrace it as much as we can, even when we are missing home the most. Living new and different things opens our eyes to things we would never think of, new cultures and new people. We never know who we're going to meet, who we're going to help and vice-versa. Even when it's being so hard to adapt, we have to ask God strength in this time and for Him to show us what we can do to totally be in the moment. 

Blessings! =)
Carolina

❤ ❤ ❤


       Nas últimas semanas, tivemos devoções matinais às 6h45 na casa de oração e os alunos puderam se inscrever para compartilhar algo se eles quisessem. Eu sabia que tinha e queria compartilhar algo e eu não podia deixar a oportunidade passar. Não porque eu sou uma grande pregadora, ou algo assim, mas só porque eu sabia que tinha que assumir este desafio. Para mim pessoalmente, é assim que eu cresço pessoalmente e espiritualmente. Não permitindo que algo que me desafie me impeça de fazê-lo. Claro,  coisas que eu sei que são boas e benéficas para mim. Confie em mim, eu costumo ficar nervoso e ansiosa em momentos como este, mas eu havia orado e pedido à Deus para remover todo o medo e Ele fez conforme minha oração!
       Eu sabia que eu queria falar sobre um dos temas que muitos de nós lidamos, que é o temor do homen. Mas o que acontece é que um dos nossos preletores da semana estarí falando sobre este assunto na semana seguinte, então eu sabia que tinha que escolher algo diferente para falar. Eu sei que nada acontece por simples coincidência, mas porque Deus quer que assim seja. Achar um assunto diferente não foi fácil porque eu já sabia o que eu queria falar e já tinha planejado tudo o que eu queria dizer.
      Não foi até a noite anterior que Deus me deu algo para falar: saudades de casa. "Não se conforme ao padrão deste mundo, mas transformem-se pela renovação da sua mente, para que sejam capazes de experimentar e comprovar a vontade de Deus - boa, agradável e perfeita" (Romanos 12: 2)
        Estar em um novo ambiente é sempre um desafio. Nós não estamos onde estamos acostumados e tudo é tão diferente. Mas temos que ter em mente que nada dura para sempre, e com certeza o novo momento que estamos não será para sempre. Deus nos dá novas estações, novos desafios e temos que abraçá-los tanto quanto pudermos, mesmo quando estamos com saudades de casa. Viver coisas novas e diferentes abre nossos olhos para coisas que nunca pensaríamos, novas culturas e novas pessoas. Nós nunca sabemos quem vamos encontrar, quem vamos ajudar e vice-versa. Mesmo quando está sendo tão difícil em se adaptar, temos que pedir à Deus força neste momento e pedir à Ele para que nos mostre o que podemos fazer para estar totalmente no momento.

Deus abençõe! =)
Carol

  

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário